WinAlldat Net is an allergological documentation system with main emphasis on delayed hypersensitivity reaction type allergies. However, through the computer-assisted documentation and administration of immediate type testing substances and blocks is also supported. The anamnesis part is based on an IVDK agreed anamnesis form for recording contact allergies in the context of a multi-centric study. Because of the modular structure and open interfaces extensions, e. g. programming of forms and reports in MS Access, can be created and implemented without any problems.
Microsoft® Office Professional 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 Professional 32 bit recommendable or Microsoft® Office 2010 Access Runtime 32 bit.
Overview of the Most Important Features of WinAlldat Net
- Supports Microsoft® Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/8.1/Windows 10 32/64bit
- Save test results of allergological tests (type I and IV)
- IVDK standard type IV anamnesis and update of standardized DKG test series
- Flexible definition and saving of clinic-specific test series
- Storing of patient own material as patient related test series
- Setting different test methods, e. g. epicutanous (patch) test, prick/scratch etc.
- Different reading times, e. g. 20m, 24h, 48h and eaction symbols like +, ++, ?, IR
- ODBC access to the database (Standard: MS Access, optional SQLite, SQL-Server)
- Definition of own anamnestic questions (dropdown menus)
- Providing statistics and reports with various export formats like XLSX, PDF etc.
- Transfer of the data to word processors, spreadsheets and other databases
When will the WinAlldat Net Software be available?
The software was installed for the first time on the 04/06/2015 at the department of allergology at the medical center (UMG) of the University of Göttingen and will be delivered to all IVDK associated departments at the beginning of August 2016. The migration process should be finished at the end of 2016.
To all participating clinics technical support of the IVDK is available on working days from 10 am to 5 pm in cases of questions concerning installation, errors and possible system failures (disaster and recovery management). Contact:
Can only receive limited support because of their complexity and the accompanying clinic-specific adjustments to the program. In any case a competent local database administrator has to be appointed to ensure stable operation of the IVDK software. A network-based installation is carried out depending on the type of installation after consulting the technical support of the IVDK.
The contents of the local Access database can be processed by using suitable standard software as an ODBC interface as well as several import and export formats like xlsx, text and xml are available by standard.
The following points have to be revised before a (networking) installation:
- Appointing an IT administrator for local database administration and support
- At which times is being read (e. g. 20m, 24h, 48h)?
- Test procedure (epicutanous, prick) and reactions from within the type I and IV sectors
- Standard PC System with laser printer and internet access
- Remote support access via RDP, Citrix, Teamviewer etc.
- Backup media (DVD writer, USB HDD, Windows share)
- Microsoft® Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/8.1/Windows 10 32/64bit
- Microsoft® Office Professionell 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 32bit optional or Microsoft® Office 2010 Access Runtime 32bit optional